Can I refuse to let my son go with his grandfather? Posted on August 10, 2011

My son's father was arrested on drug charges last year while my son was at his house under his care. His father went to jail and my son was left with his stepmother. I was in Florida at the time on vacation and was not contacted that he had been arrested until after 24 hrs had past we live in wv..I had to call my mother which was two hours away from my son to go get him..My son father has just recently got out of jail and put on twelve years of probation and has two drug felonys against him...he contacted me and wanted our son for visitation and I would not let him go because I fear that it is a very unsubstantial and harmful situation for my son to be around. It has been a year since he has saw him...can I get in trouble for not letting my son go since we do have a court order even though I have physical legal custody and he only has visitation and is this grounds for termination of visitation? He is also behind one 1/2 years on child support.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: