Can I refuse an inheritance? 5 Answers as of May 13, 2011

I am the administrator of my uncle’s will in which he left me a mobile home that neither I nor anyone else wants. Am I legally responsible for that home? I tried to sell it however the landowner basically wants it off her property, which for me to do so would cost $3750 out of my own pocket. What are my rights? Am I the responsible party? There are numerous nieces and nephews and a daughter-in-law too.

No, you do not have to accept the inheritance and can refuse it. Simply write the Executor and/or the attorney handling the estate a letter (keeping a copy for your records) that you do not wish to accept the mobile home and relinquish it to the estate. Good luck.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
You do not have to accept the property, you should talk with an estate planning lawyer to make sure you file the proper paperwork and do it in a timely manner.
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
You can disclaim an estate but you have to do it correctly. It requires a written notice in a particular format.
Law Office of Larry Webb
Law Office of Larry Webb | Larry Webb
You can in California. Here you would file a disclaimer of the inheritance and the remaining heirs would divide up your share.