Can I refile for child support if it was denied due to signing the divorce petition? 1 Answers as of January 14, 2017

I got a divorce. My ex live in another state. She tried to put me on child support but a case was not opened due to her signing the divorce petition. It stated she does not want child support or alimony. After that, I moved to another state. Can she come after me for child support again? We do have an agreement that I pay $800 but that was after the case was closed.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Child support is the right of the child. Any child support order (or non-order) can be periodically reviewed. So yes, the mother should never have said she doesn't want child support. she had no right to do so and she can correct that error.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 1/14/2017
Click to View More Answers: