Can I reenter the US after removal? 4 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I was given 5 years out the U.S, I've done that + 3 more years. can I now fly back to the U.S. from the Bahamas where I live?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No. You cannot just fly back. You will need a visa even if other citizens of the Bahamas do not need one (I don't know that). Point is, once you are removed, you need to go through consular processing in order to come back to the US. I don't know what your removal was about, but in any case, you will need a waiver of some kind in order to be admitted back into the US as an nonimmigrant or an immigrant. The same goes for voluntary departure from the US. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/31/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
It really depends on the facts prior to your removal. If you had previous unlawful presence, you may still have 5 more years to go. If you had a criminal conviction, you may still have a long way to go. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your case.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/31/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You have to get a visa first!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/27/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
No. You need to apply for a visa and a waiver because you were removed. The fact that you have been outside the country for 8 years is a good thing, but whether you are granted a visa and a waiver will depend on why you were removed and other facts.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 5/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: