Can I really be charged with the paraphernalia charge seeing I wasn't read rights or technically arrested? 1 Answers as of February 25, 2016

I was kicked out a cig and beer store. As I walked in to purchase cigs and then a buddy of mine walks in and is kicked out. By the time were pulling out, a cop is blocking us off. I took out the car then asked to be searched, no rights read and no hand cuffs. I forgot I had a one hitter in my pocket and that was found. Then he put me in his car, got my buddy's out questioned them. We were told the police were called because we were stealing and had fake ideas which weren't the case. I’m 20. It's supposed to be a ticket but I still have to show up to court. How does this work out?

The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Yes, they can charge you with possession of drug paraphernalia even if they don't arrest you or read you your rights. The ticket that the police officer issued notifies you of the court date and what criminal offense you have been charged with. I suggest you hire an experienced attorney to represent you if you want to avoid having a drug conviction on your criminal record.