Can I really be accused based on the name that supposedly took money from someone? 1 Answers as of October 13, 2016

Last week, I had a person called my work and asked to talk to me. Once on the line, the person accused me of having stolen money from them online and mobile payment via a digital wallet. They said that they found me by looking me up on Facebook, that this was the name of the person he sent money to. I was completely speechless as he told me he was going to file a police report on me. I have no idea who this person is and I told him that he had the wrong person. I then got a text today from this person. In short, he threatened to contact all my family members and my boss as well as get my licenses at my job taken away. I have not responded because I am not sure if that is the right thing to do. I am torn between thinking this is a scam in itself and that someone has or used the same name as me and now the person is just looking for someone to blame.

I recommend that you turn this matter over to an attorney. It sounds like a scam. You might also want to talk to your manager about this. The burden of proof is on him to prove, Lastly why would he tell the world about the matter, instead of going directly to the police?