Can I re enter the US if I have been arrested? 4 Answers as of August 10, 2011

I have been arrested in the us 6 years ago for a violation of probation. I am not a us citizen. I have now been in France for almost 4 years. What are my chances of re entering the usa? Who do I hire and what do I do? My sister is a citizen. Will I be stopped at the airport with my fingerprints? I had left because I had a serious drug problem and france saved me in 4 years. I now want to reunite with my family.

Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
It depends on what the arrest was for and whether there was a conviction. You should try to get a copy of the disposition and consult with an experienced immigration attorney about whether there is a problem. If you are inadmissible, you may be able to apply for a one time waiver to come in anyways. If you are French, you will also need to apply for a tourist visa instead of traveling only on your Visa Waiver.
You will need a waiver to overcome the past crime in order to re-enter.
Ask your sister to contact us and we will find if you have a warrant for your arrest. If none, you should apply for a non-immigrant waiver at the US consulate in France.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
You will need to hire an immigration attorney with criminal law experience to determine if your criminal record would affect your eligibility for admission into the US.