Can I quit and collect unemployment if I was hired under false pretense? 8 Answers as of September 26, 2013

I was hired for a position to find out my manager's best friend now wants that position. So they are trying to push me aside to give her that position. I left a good job for this title and now it's being slowly taken away. Can I quit and collect unemployment as I do not want to fight over a position that I know is slowly being taken away?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
If you quit, then you are not eligible for unemployment. I suggest that you stick it out or find other employment.
Law Office of Nathan Wagner
Law Office of Nathan Wagner | Nathan J. Wagner
In order to be eligible for unemployment, you need to show that you were terminated or constructively terminated (in other words, forced out of your position). The situation you describe does not sound severe enough to me to mean you were constructively terminated, but that question can only be answered by the hearing officer who decides whether you qualify for benefits.
Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
You can quit, but you would not be eligible for unemployment benefits under this fact scenario.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
I would be careful, just quitting without working out something with the employer that they won't contest unemployment is risky. Normally you cannot get unemployment if you quit, unless there is good cause to do so, and the employer may dispute your rationale for good cause if you don't work it out. I think you have to wait it out and see what happens.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
You are very unlikely to be awarded unemployment comp in GA under these facts, especially if you have worked for a time knowing the conditions.