Can I qualify for a non-work SSN or a drivers license under 245(i)? 2 Answers as of May 06, 2011

My family and I are currently waiting to adjust status under I-130 for nearly 11 years since I was 10 and I’m also a beneficiary for 245(i). How much longer do I have to wait? We applied on January 2001, and can I qualify for a Non-work SSN and/or a Driver's license while I wait? Because, it’s really frustrating to keep paying someone to take me school every day. It's also very humiliating when I am asked to show ID and my Mexican matriculate is denied.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
If you filed an I-130, 10 years ago, something is wrong. Ask ins for a review of that matter.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 5/6/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I am sorry to say that you qualify for nothing other than the ability to process your adjustment of status here in the US when that visa becomes available. What you can do is to check the USDOS's visa bulletin at this address: Your petition will be in the family category 1 through 4 for your country (either 1 of the 4 listed or the 2nd column from left). Keep checking. If for instance you were to become someone's immediate relative (petitioner is a US parent, child under 21 and unmarried, spouse), then you could probably get your green card right away. More patience and I know you've waited quite a while. Keep at it and good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: