Can I purchase a handgun in California if I have a suspended license? 8 Answers as of March 02, 2011

I have a suspended license due to failure to send appropriate forms to the DMV after an accident. Can I still purchase a handgun?

If that is all you have. Yes.
Do not believe having a suspended license which is not a crime itself, is a basis to prohibit gun possession.
Suspended license by itself is not a bar to firearms purchase, as long as you can show valid ID acceptable to DOJ, and meet all the other requirements.
If you have no felony convictions or conviction for spouse abuse YES.
You cannot buy a handgun without valid identification. You generally do need a valid, non-expired California Driver's License, but an Identification Card is also acceptable for a DROS application. You should apply for and obtain one. The cost is about $25. I do not believe that the mere fact of your suspended license status disqualifies you from handgun ownership.