Can I purchase a firearm after clets restraing order is lifted ? 6 Answers as of January 13, 2013

My wife got a restraint order judge granted it two weeks later she removed it I was not convicted of a crime I couldn't afford attorney at time tried to purchase a gun a year later got denied clerks never filed. The paper work the order said I could not own buy a gun while in effect can I buy guns.

The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
Legally, if the restraining order is lifted, you should be able to own a firearm. However, in practice, my experience has been that depending upon the basis for the restraining order, the restrained person will NOT pass the background check required to purchase the firearm.
McCallum & McCallum | Barbara Eiland McCallum
If there is a court order terminating the restraining order. You would need to get a certified copy of it and submit it to the law enforcement office where it was originally submitted. They then should remove it from their records.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
There would be a 10 year ban after probation was completed, if you plead to a specified offense.? If the restraining order was lifted, I am not sure why you were denied unless you have a prior felony.
LAW OFFICE OF JON RATHJEN | JON LAURENCE RATHJEN
It sounds as though the order terminating the original restraining order never made it into the system. I would get a copy of that order and talk to local law enforcement about how to get the fact of the lifting of the restraining order into the CLETS system.
You cannot own a gun while there is a restraining order on you. If there is none, then it appears nothing prevents you from applying to obtain one.
    LAW OFFICE OF ANNE B. HOWARD | Anne B. Howard
    If denied there should be no restriction. But Paperwork could still be in system. You may need to go to court to get order lifting restriction.