Can I protect myself from a haunted house lawsuit? How? 7 Answers as of June 08, 2015

I am a homeowner and I would like to put on a Halloween haunted house for the neighborhood children this year. We are planning on having children come into our garage and actual house as part of the haunted house. We will absolutely make sure that everything is perfectly safe for these kids, as we have children of our own. If we download some sort of legal disclaimer online, will we be protected from personal injury lawsuits that may arise?

IF you are worried about lawsuits, then you do not need to have a haunted house.
I answered this question before! You can try to get all persons that enter the property to sign a waiver of any and all claims. An adult has to sign on behalf of all their minor children. You must have insurance, just in case. You must also get your head examined if you try to do this on your own.
It depends upon what the legal disclaimer says. Maybe yes, maybe no. Also, check to see if your homeowner policy allows for such an event. There may be an exclusion.
Law Offices of Robert Burns
Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
You will be protected from all suits that won't get filed due to the persuasive/dissuasive effect of the disclaimer. It will more likely be effective in allowing you to exculpate your passive negligence than in your active negligence or recklessness. You want people to know/suspect that they are paying less by lowering your insurance costs and that they are assuming normal risks of injury.
Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
Make sure you have homeowners insurance and party away.
Answer Applies to: Montana