Can I prevent the state from seeking outstanding tax surcharges? Posted on January 15, 2011

Last year they withheld (New Jersey) my state tax refund because my new husband had outstanding surcharges. Is there any way I can prevent that this year- he has been unemployed all year. Is there any protection for innocent spouse? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: