Can I prevent losing my license for unlawful consumption? 1 Answers as of May 24, 2011

I am 17 I received unlawful consumption about 2 months ago. Since then I have matured and got a job. I cannot risk losing my license since my dad is disabled and my mom works full time. I work 4-5 days a week around 7-8 hour shifts. I will be taking a Rosecrans assessment soon. I am willing to take classes. Is their anyway I will not lose my license?

It would be a good idea to first check on the status of your license with the Secretary of State's Office. There is a chance the violation was not reported to them. However, if you have been suspended, you will need to see an informal hearing officer for the Secretary of State, and get a packet of items you will need to fill out before going for a Restricted Driving Permit. It can be done, but you will need an evaluation of your alcohol usage and applicable treatment, if deemed necessary.