Can I press charges for criminal trespassing? 1 Answers as of October 18, 2011

I hold a lease for a hunting property in south GA. Someone I know gave his daughter permission to go down to the property and have a party. Well the property was vandalized as well as a truck that belongs to a local business man had the windows and head/ tail lights knocked out of the vehicle as well as the roof and both door were crushed in and holes were put into the trucks gas tanks on the back of the truck. We did not have knowledge that they were going to be at the property and wanted to know if because I am on the lease if I am liable and/or can we file criminal trespassing on the teenagers?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael Moody
Law Office of Michael Moody | Michael Moody
Yes, you must go to your local magistrate court and ask for a warrant or pre-arrest hearing. The court will notify the offenders to appear before the court to determine whether there is sufficient probable cause to arrest them. Of course, you have the burden of presenting evidence that these individuals probably committed the crime.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 10/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: