Can I press charges against a minor for assaulting my daughter? 7 Answers as of July 31, 2013

On 7/18/13 one day before my daughter’s 5th grade promotion last day of school, my child was assaulted with a skateboard. The girl hit my daughter numerous times with it, this happened is school premises, sense it happened after school my child did not tell a teacher she rand home crying. When a got home she told me what happened but was too late to report the assault, next day was her promotion and we couldn't talk to anyone about this, my daughter has witnesses, what can I do?

Go and report this to the cops. That is what you can do. It is not too late.
Report the incident to your local law enforcement agency. When you do, take in medical reports, photos or other evidence that supports your daughter's account of the event. Also, give the names and contact numbers of any witness that you may have.
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
You can report the incident to the authorities (school and/or police). They then make the decision whether to charge. You do not have the power to charge a criminal act.
Law Offices of Samer N. Jadallah | Samer N. Jadallah
File a police report with the local police in the city that it occurred. Have your daughter checked out by a medical professional to ensure there are no injuries. If there are visible injuries take pictures and give a copy to police a copy to the school and keep a copy for yourself. Put the school on notice of the incident immediately and do not let them discourage you from going to the police.
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
There are many things you can do. You can (and should) report the incident to your child's school. I would start with the principal. You can also report the incident to the police. You also may want to contact the assailant's parents.
    Yes, you can press charges. You also need to report the matter to the school, especially if it occurred on school property.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    Call the cops, as with any criminal victimization.