Can I plead self defense to misdemeanor menacing? 3 Answers as of May 25, 2011

I had charges pressed against me because I was trying to fight a guy. The guy left came back out and I grabbed my gun but didn't aim it at him I just had it for my protection because I didn't know what he came out of the house with can I use that as self defense. I was charged with misdemeanor menacing.

You can use a plea of self defense in a prosecution for menacing. To do so you must admit that you committed the offense charged but that you had justification for doing so. A plea of self defense can be a complicated defense.
It sounds like a potential defense with the limited facts you provide. Stay well.
You can argue anything, the issue is will the judge or jury find you guilty of menacing or not. If it a jury case, your attorney will have to get a jury charge on self defense. Further, you could be charged with menacing before the gun issue started.