Can I plea nolo or ask the judge to throw my ticket out? 3 Answers as of February 23, 2012

I need some advice I got a ticket for illegal left turn, $195 & of course I don’t have the money for it. I didn't see the sign (at the time of the ticket) "NO LEFT TURN" (and it was dark & late). The sign was facing the wrong way I think, as in instead of facing you while driving; its parallel to the road look you would see it if you looking through your passenger window. I notice this on a map and I’m going down there today to get a picture of it. Can I plea nolo or ask the judge to please throw it out due to the sign issue? I’m not a regular driver through that area of town or something like that?

H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You're better off trying to work out a plea deal with the prosecutor's office before going in front of the judge. Contact the prosecutor or have a lawyer do it for you.
Speaker Law Firm
Speaker Law Firm | Theodore Speaker
Yes. If you plead NOLO - it will still cost you the fine. Take your picture, show the judge and see if he will dismiss it with no fine.
A nolo plea is similar to a guilty plea in many respects. You can enter a nolo plea, but be ready for the consequences of entering the nolo plea (i.e. fine, community service, etc.) As far as the judge throwing the case out, the judge may dismiss the case after you properly present the evidence at your bench trial. You are not going to learn how to try a case by asking questions on the internet. So, your choices really are limited to nolo plea or retain an attorney.