Can I petition myself if I am employed in the United States? 5 Answers as of January 24, 2011

I am currently employed and recently got my GC revoked and is possibly facing deportation. My question is since I am employed in the US, is it possible to petition for myself?

There are certain immigration categories for permanent residency where you can self-petition but most require an employer or family sponsor. I would also need to know why your green card is being revoked. Contact me directly for a quote on procedures and fees if you wish a consultation.
Employer is the petitioner of employment-based visa. It's time to hire an attorney!
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
No, you cannot petition for yourself. If your green card has been revoked, you would do well to leave the country before you get deported. You may currently be in an overstay or illegal presence status. Immigration law applies in alll fifty states.
No, you cannot petition yourself through employment. There are certain employment categories that do not require a petitioner, such as Extraordinary Aliens (EB-1) or Investors (EB-5), but there are limited to a small number of people who qualify. Additionally, if you Green Card is being revoked for a violation of the immigration law, you could also be disqualified from obtaining a new Green Card.
Aliens of extraordinary ability are normally allowed to self petition. You should really meet with a competent immigration attorney and probably someone who specializes in removal proceedings as well, so you can try to get something filed or to defend your case. I have no idea if you are eligible for a new green card as I am unsure why your original was revoked.