Can I petition my sibling to come to the US? 3 Answers as of May 16, 2011

My brother was just deported to Mexico not too long ago. He was once had his residence card and sort of has a record not so sure but know that he had a bad record. My question is if there is a probability to get a petition on my brother and get him back to the us asap? He has two children here and as soon as he got to Mexico he got beat up and all his belonging and money got stolen he has no idea what life in Mexico is like because he grew up in the United States. I myself became a citizen in the month of may so I am wondering what are the chances that we have to get a petition on my brother in Mexico. Thank you and have a good day.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You can petition for your brother, but his crimes may affect his ability to re-enter. Many crimes will make him inadmissible. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me.
We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/16/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes you can and should petition for him ASAP since it takes so long to get a sibling to the US. If your parents are USC or LPR, then I will suggest you go that way because it is faster. What about his children's mother, is she a USC and are they married? Can they get married? I am afraid that because your brother was deported a 10-year bar will be imposed. They are getting pretty strict on that sometimes against what I know to be the law. He will need a very good waiver when the time comes. Try to find out why exactly he was deported and then consult an attorney to strategize about ways to bring him back. You will need a lot of patience. But get started now. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/13/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Because he is deported, he has to wait for 10 years before he can come to US.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: