Can I petition my mother to immigrate even though I am unemployed? 2 Answers as of March 04, 2011

I am unemployed and I wish to petition my mother my co-sponsor is my fiance that is a j-1 holder. Will they approve my petition with this type of co-sponsor?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
A co-sponsor for I-846 must be a legal permanent resident or U.S. Citizen. A non-immigrant cannot be a I-864 sponsor.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/4/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
A co-sponsor must either be a united states citizen or lawful permanent resident; so a J-1 beneficiary would not qualify as a co- sponsor.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: