Can I petition my mother to come to the US? 5 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I am a resident of the US. Can I petition my mom and she puts her kids in the petition with her application? Is that allowed? Her kids are 8 year old 22 year old n 20 year old.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
All children must be listed on your Mom's application. I always recommend that each applicant have their own visa petition, including the 8 year old . . . just to be on the safe side. I found this out the hard way when I was a college student . . .ages ago. So, just get everyone their own visas. Period. They will have to adjust status at one point and an I-130 visa application may be needed at that time for each one of them. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/2/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
No. Only U.S. citizens are eligible to petition for their parent(s) to live permanently in the U.S. A U.S. citizen must be at least 21 years of age to petition for a parent. Lawful permanent residents may not bring their parents to live permanently in the U.S. You should consult with an immigration attorney to see if you are eligible to become a U.S. citizen. Once you are a citizen of the United States, you can begin the process of petitioning for your mother to come and live here as well.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/1/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
If you are a permanent resident, you cannot petition for a parent. You must become a US citizen to file for her. When you do file, your siblings must be petitioned by you and not as her dependents. Please review this attachment for more details. When did you get your permanent residence?
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/1/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
You cannot petition the children in the mother's petition. You can petition them as brother and sister but that takes years. Your best plan is to become a citizen, petition for your mother and than she can petition for her children. Work with an attorney. For a free consultation you may contact my office.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/1/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
As a resident, you cannot petition for your parents. You have to become a US naturalized citizen.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: