Can I petition my Mom if I am unemployed and receiving WIC checks for my 2 kids? 1 Answers as of March 03, 2011

My husband got me to the USA and earns 31K because we have two kids, I stay home to take care of them. We are getting WIC checks (baby food) which is a form of public assistance. I would like my Mom to come to the USA to help me with the kids so I can work. I am now a US citizen.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
File the family petition. Once the petition is approved, it will be time to submit the affidavit of support. Your husband can help you here. Between you and your husband, you need to show income of $32,712 because your are a family of four filing for one more immigrant. Maybe you can take a part-time job. If your husband makes 31K, the difference is 1712 (32712 - 31K). Need to show savings of 1712 times 5. This is the basic formula. Maybe your husband will earn a little bit more in 6 months or so when it will be time to submit the affidavit of support. (You will need I-864 + I-864A + submit his documents such as tax return, w-2, paystubs and savings). if your husband still has insufficient income / assets, maybe you have a friend who can act as a co-sponsor. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: