Can I petition my fiancee? 3 Answers as of July 14, 2011

I am a green card holder on SS disability pension. My girlfriend is in the Philippines and I am in California. Can I petition her without losing my SS disability pension? If it is possible, how long before I can petition her

Yes you can petition her so long as you can show there will be enough financial support for her so that she will not become a public charge. You can find a joint sponsor who is willing to do that for you and her. As to how long, if you are a USC or LPR you can do it at any time you want. Good luck!
As a permanent resident, you may not petition for girlfriend. You will have to be a US citizen to apply for a fiance visa.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You can petition your girl friend without losing your disability pension but it will take approximately 3 years if you petition her as a green card holder. It will be faster if you become a U.S. citizen.