Can I petition if I'm on pension and social security? 1 Answers as of June 13, 2011

Can a father petition his married son who is over 21 even if the father is 72 yrs and on pension and social security?

The answer is yes. You may most certainly petition your married son, as a U.S. citizen. However, the problem comes with the waiting period after being classified as priority preference 3 as the married son of a U.S. citizen, which will be for when he will be eligible to adjust status. That period will be from 10 years world wide to 19 years for such people and their spouses/children from Mexico or the Philippines! I am sorry to give bad news, but that is the fact. What can be done is for your son to gain entry under parole admission while the petition/application is pending, under the cause of your health and need for care. If you want further help from an attorney (and you will), please feel free to call or e-mail to set up an appointment.