Can I petition for a stepdad if I am a US citizen? 6 Answers as of July 03, 2013

I am 21 and a us citizen. Can I petition my stepdad with my mom to get legal status in U.S.?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If your step-dad married your mother prior to your 18th birthday.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/19/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
As long as he qualifies as a stepdad under the immigration definition (marriage to your Mom must have occurred before you were 18). Petition is filed to bring your step-parent to live in the United States . A Form I-130 . A copy of your birth certificate showing the names of your birth parents . A copy of the civil marriage certificate of your birth parent to your step-parent showing that the marriage occurred before your 18th birthday . A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees to show that any previous marriage entered into by your natural or step-parent ended legally
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/18/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
yes if they married before you turned 18 years.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/15/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
If they married when you were under 18, yes.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/15/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
How old were you at the time of the marriage between your mother and step-father?
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/3/2013
Click to View More Answers: