Can I petition for parent to get greencard back since over the age of 21? 1 Answers as of March 03, 2011

My mother had her green card taken 10 years ago when she re-entered the country coming back from vacation. Being in limbo since. She was convicted of a felony 30 years ago illegal possesion but hasn't been in trouble since. She has tried to get her citizenship within the last 6 years claiming automatic citizenship thru her mother who got her citizenship when my mother was 17. She was denied due to the fact her father and mother were married and the time but her father didnt have his citizenship. She is not in the deportation status. Can I now USC over the age of 21 petition for her to get her greencard back? How would I go about doing that? Would it risk putting her in the deportation process?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
How did she manage to get in the country even though her green card was taken? If you showed me all the correspondence from the USCIS, I may be able to figure out a strategy for her. You are welcome to contact us. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: