Can I petition for my mom and brother even if they entered the US illegally? 1 Answers as of January 31, 2011

I am a us citizen over the age 21. I want to fill out a form I-130 for my brother/ my mother. The thing is that they did not come to the US with permission, they entered illegally back in 1989. Will I have a problem with their forms being approved? My brother went to school here all the way through high school he does not know any Spanish just English. My mom on the other hand doesn't know English just Spanish. What can I do to ask for either one of them? My brother is married & has a daughter of 5 years old but currently separated from his wife. I am confused and I do not know where to start. Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Yes, you can. But they won't be able to adjust status in the country. Even if they are approved, they will have problem with the law. Hire a lawyer to apply for waiver for you. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: