Can i petition for my fiance though I have problems now with the IRS? 2 Answers as of May 04, 2011

I want to marry my girlfriend living outside the US but the thing is I still owe money from the IRS and at the federal estate. I'm making solutions to this problem though and willing to pay on monthly basis. I am divorced and have 2 kids on my custody and my ex wife keeps on asking money from me. I also want to get my passport to visit my girlfriend. Can I get a passport even though I was into jail 13 years ago?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
In order to sponsor someone, you will want to settle your IRS issue. I am not sure if you are able to obtain a passport- you will want to go to the Department of State website for criteria.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/4/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
To properly answer you I would need details of the tax obligation, your income for 2010, details of your criminal conviction from 13 years ago, details on your fiance have you had at least one face-to-face meeting with her in the last two years?. If you want to set up a consultation, you can contact me at the number below and schedule a time through my secretary. I do charge for consultations but any fees paid would then be a credit toward the fees for her case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: