Can i petition for my biological mother to live in the US after I was adopted? 9 Answers as of November 30, 2011

I was adopted some 15 years ago in Guyana by my dead father's mother. My adopted mother which is my grandmother migrated to the US about a 1 or 2 year after the adoption. My adopted mother pertition for me to the US five years after the adoption. I maintained a relationship with my biological mother at all times. Now i am a US Citizen and want to pertition for my biological mother. How can I do that.

NO. Once you are adopted, your biological mother is no longer a legal relation to you for immigration purposes.
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC | Alan R. Diamante
No. Once you are adopted, the parent relationship no longer exists legally.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
My understanding, tragic as it is, especially considering the facts of this case, is that you cannot petition for her, not as her daughter at least. Someone else could, a US citizen fiancee, spouse, or even an employer or a college or university assisting with a student visa. But, it's always smart to get a second opinion.
Joseph Law Firm
Joseph Law Firm | Jeff Joseph
Once you are legally adopted, you can no longer petition for your biological relatives.
Immigration Attorneys, LLP | Robert R. Gard
Not if the adopted child received immigration benefits through the adoption. See the portion of I-130 form instructions: "Who May Not File Form I-130", at number 2 "You may not file for a person in the following categories: (2) A natural parent, if the U.S. citizen son or daughter gained permanent residence through adoption."
    King & Ballow
    King & Ballow | Bruce E. Buchanan
    You cannot petition for her since you were adopted, which legally severed your relationship w/ your biological mother.
    You cannot petition for your mother if you were adopted in accordance with INA 101(b)(1)(e) and an immigration benefit resulted.
    The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler
    The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler | Kevin Lawrence Dixler
    No. You are disqualified as a petitioner due to the adoption as a matter of law. Your mother lost all her rights to immigration due to her decision to put you up for adoption.
    I believe you are not eligible to file for your biological mother because you gained sponsorship for yourself via the adopted relationship.