Can I pay for my niece's divorce if she cannot afford to? 1 Answers as of May 09, 2011

My niece moved from Durango, CO to Crescent City, CA almost 2 months ago. She went and spoke to a lawyer about her divorce, signed all the papers, but cannot afford to pay for it. I am currently stationed overseas at Misawa Air Base, Misawa, Japan and have no way to pay for it in person. She needs this divorce and I am the only one that can help her.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law | John Kirchner
There is nothing to prevent you from paying your niece's lawyer. Few lawyers require cash payment, so the fact that you are overseas shouldn't be an problem. Talk to her lawyer to find out if he accepts credit cards, personal checks, or other forms of payment. It should not be a problem to obtain a certified cashier's check or arrange for a wire transfer.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: