Can I Patent a Calendar Layout? 4 Answers as of November 20, 2012

Most paper wall calendars use a traditional layout for the dates which puts each day in a small square. My format is completely different, unique, and never before seen, it is not an obvious invention. Can I patent my calendar layout?

Shimokaji & Associates
Shimokaji & Associates | Michael Shimokaji
If the layout has never been done before and is not obvious, then theoretically it can be patentable.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
If your calendar is a not obvious variation then it may be possible. It could be just a design choice for how the page is arranged. Typically this would fall into a copyright. You indicate that your calendar is "completely different" if it is too different then it may be difficult to use the product as a calendar. You might talk with a patent attorney or agent and have a patent search performed before you proceed.
Tran & Associates | Bao Tran
Yes, if it is not obvious per your indication. I would use self patenting tools such as ProvisionalBuilder from PowerPatent.com to do this in a low cost manner. Good luck.
Webb IP Law Group
Webb IP Law Group | Jason P Webb
Copyright law is likely to give better protection on a calendar layout.