Can I patent an invented a Domain Name Service? 3 Answers as of October 13, 2010

I have invented a Domain Name Service (DNS) based technology that is useful to mitigate spam. Would I be able to patent such a technology?

Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Yes, you would be able to.
Kafantaris Law Group
Kafantaris Law Group | Theo Kafantaris
Yes, this technology is patentable. Feel free to contact me if you would like to move forward.
Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
It depends on the prior art (what has been invented previously). One must compare your DMS to the ones which are presently known, to determine if there is a sufficient inventive difference (also known as being "nonobvious')between yours and the prior ones. Based on my own experience, I can tell you the spam filter/blockers are completely inadequate, so I hope you have invented something new. I can send you an Inventors Testimonial to assist you in documenting the date of your invention. Please let me know if you would like one.