Can I own a gun in Louisiana after getting caught with marijuana? 2 Answers as of March 10, 2011

In May of 2008 I pled guilty to possession of marijuana 1st offense count 1 RS 40 966 ARTICLE 894. In October of 2009 I got it expunged and was wondering would this stop me from buying a firearm? I live in Louisiana and this incident happened in Louisiana.

Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
We are unable to answer a question this directly via this medium without violating standards of ethics for attorneys. You are more than welcome, however, to contact our firm directly at the information provided on this page to speak with someone who will be able to assist you.
NOLA Criminal Law
NOLA Criminal Law | Townsend Myers
It will not stop you from owning a handgun. Only a felony marijuana conviction would stop you, and 1st offense marijuana is just misdemeanor. The expungement is not a factor in this.