Can I own a gun after the restraining order has been dropped? 4 Answers as of June 12, 2014

My son's mom put a temporary restraining order against me. It was dropped about 10 days ago. Do I need to do any paperwork or anything before I can own a gun again? And if not, how long should I wait before trying to buy one? Thanks.

IF there are no other charges, and you do not have a felony, then you can own a gun.
The court order dropping the restraining order should have restored your firearms right. However, check this out before you intent to purchase a firearm. Your court clerk can assist you in looking at the order. If your rights were not restored, you will have to petition the court to restore your rights.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
This depends on the terms of the restraining order and the terms on which it was dropped. Chances are you are still prohibited from owning a gun. Don't take that risk until you review the details with a lawyer.
You should not have any problems with owning or getting a gun.