Can I open my immigration case without filing a new application? Posted on August 14, 2011

My husband filed petition for his sister for immigrant visa in 2005. In 2009 uscis mailed a letter I believe it is I-785(request for evidence), which was never received by us. It must have been lost in mail somewhere. But when we contacted the USCIS in 2010 march to check on priority update, we found out about that letter being misplaced in mail. They closed the case. We applied for motion to reopen the case through an attorney in NY but it was denied also. My question is Is there any way we can get this case open again without filling up a fresh I-130 application again, because she has already waited so long.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: