Can I obtain a passport to travel to another country if I am a convicted felon in the state of Michigan? 7 Answers as of October 04, 2012

The charge was accessory; in fact, the felony was over 10 years ago. I am also wondering if I can ever own a firearm in the state of Michigan. Federal law says no but what about Michigan? Can I get this off my record? I have only been in trouble just once.

If this is you only conviction then you can apply to have the matter expunged. This is done in the court where the conviction occurred.
Blough Law Office | Janis L. Blough
An experienced attorney can petition for expungement of this felony from your record. Good luck!
Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
You can apply for an expungment, but federal law trrumps state law concerning a firearm.
Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
Since more than 5 years have passed since conviction, you may be able to motion the court for an expungement. There are varying statutes regarding a felon possession a firearm and your case should be reviewed by an attorney.
If it is a single charge it is possible to petition for expungement and, at that point, you have a clean record.