Can I obtain dash cam footage before my court date? 3 Answers as of April 04, 2017

My arresting officer charged me with delaying an investigation which he just made up because I exercised my right to free speech when he commanded me to keep walking which he did not like. I always maintained 15 to 20 foot distance from him as well as being separated by an eight foot barrier rendering me physically incapable of approaching him which he claimed I had done in his report. The dash cam footage of a second arriving officer showed my position relative to arresting officer proving that I said my piece and continued walking. This footage would prove my arresting officer lied under penalty of perjury. When detained by second officer, I questioned him as to why I was being detained, if I was under arrest, what crime I had committed, and if I was free to go but received no answer as well as both officers refusing to relinquish their badge numbers.

You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By yourself you may get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Yes. Make an informal request in writing of the prosecuting agency and arresting agency.
Your attorney can obtain it from the DA during the progress of your case as discovery.