Can I obtain another attorney to pursue this medical malpractice case? 5 Answers as of August 12, 2015

I obtained a lawyer to pursue a medical malpractice suit on my behalf. After they drag their feet for three months, they let the time limitation run out and then they declined to pursue my case any longer. Case is in another state.

You may have a legal malpractice case. However, to win the case, you will have to prove the underlying medical case. So, it depends on whether or not your case is winnable as to whether or not you can pursue the claim against the lawyer.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
If the case has merit, then you can bring suit against the lawyer for bowing the statute of limitations.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
You can have another attorney look at it, but if the time to file has expired it is doubtful anything can be done - except to look into a possible legal malpractice case against the lawyer that let the time expire. Obviously, you'll need to check this with an attorney in the other state that regularly handles medical malpractice cases, as well as with one that handles legal malpractice cases. Good luck.
You should certainly should see another attorney to determine if you were properly serviced.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
When you say they let the time run out, do you mean that the statute of limitations is now passed? If so, you may now have a legal malpractice case. I'd need more details, to determine whether either a medical malpractice or a legal malpractice claim can be pursued.