Can I not file for N-400 until I'm officially divorced? 8 Answers as of July 03, 2013

I am nearing the 5 year mark and would like to apply within the 90 day window available to me to submit my application. The only problem I have is that I do not know the answer to : "Date your spouse became a U.S. citizen". My spouse and I separated and sharing custody of our children. My spouse has refused to help me in any way.

Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Just say"unknown".
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
If you do not know the answer to a question. Just say No.and I don't believe your answer to that question will necessarily affect your N-400 application one way or the other. If your husband became a US citizen by naturalization, more likely than not, the information should be available to CIS by other means.
Immigration Law Offices, LLP
Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
You do not have to wait till your divorce is final to file the N-400. To the question of when your spouse became a citizen you can say "unknown".
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
It's not necessary for you to wait until your divorce is finalized; you can submit it as soon as it is convenient for you. If you don't know the answers to all the questions, you should leave it blank.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
You can leave that blank. Not a very important piece of information for your N-400 anyways. USCIS will have a copy of his naturalization certificate from the original filing anyways. And you can file even before the divorce is finalized. Doesn't matter one way or another.