Can I move with my child if I am separated from my husband? 1 Answers as of May 19, 2011

I lived in Birmingham for 25 years. I moved to Mobile and met my husband. My family are ALL in Birmingham. I am currently separated from my husband and it looks as though he will be filing for divorce. He has moved out of our family home and is living with his parents and brother. Can I move back to Birmingham to be with my family because I have no family or support in Mobile. He tells me that I can not move more than 150 miles away, that I can move but our son can not. I won't be able to afford our family home even with child support. Divorce papers haven't been filed yet

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
If no divorce order exists, then either party has equal rights to take the children wherever. Under your facts, where he has already moved out, I don't see how he could claim abandonment... Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 5/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: