Can I move out with my son before the start of the divorce process? 10 Answers as of June 24, 2015

I have not filed the paperwork yet, but I have decided to divorce my husband. Can I move out with my daughter into an apartment nearby, even if he does not approve? I do not want to move far away and will allow plenty of visitation time. We are living in the same home with our daughter, but the atmosphere is a disaster, causing her great distress.

Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Sure there is a rational basis.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
I would consult with an attorney before you move out. There can be adverse consequences if you do move out.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
You are an adult and absent a court order your can move.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
Since there is no court order, you can do what you wish.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Yes and then file for divorce, custody, child support, alimony and division of the marital assets.
    Yes you can.
    You haven't given a full explanation of why you cannot remain in the family home but I am assuming that there's been a tremendous amount of emotional or physical conflict. It's best to find a new location to move to and at the same time file and serve your divorce petition along with a request for order on parenting and support.
    Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
    You can move when you desire, the only exception is if a Judge says otherwise.
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
    You can move with your daughter. You need to make sure that the father knows the address and your contact number. You should also think about starting you case right away since you will not have any custody orders after you move. You should consult an attorney to time your move and court filing.
    Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
    Divorce and custody are separate issues. I would suggest that you move out and file a custody petition immediately.