Can I move out with a friend if I am 17 and have graduated from high school? 4 Answers as of June 01, 2011

My parents are forcing me to move out of state, to live with my aunt & uncle, when I don’t want to go. I graduated high school 3 days ago & I’m 17 years old, is there any way I can move out with a friend or just not leave?

Possibly. You should consult with an experienced Family Law Attorney to discuss the requirements and specifics of emancipation, to determine whether you would (and/or how you could) qualify.
In California, in order to be emancipated, you must show that you can support yourself with no help from anyone else. If you cannot show this, then you cannot be emancipated. That said, I don't think anyone in law enforcement will force you to get on a plane to leave the state.
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
There are a number of possibilities. You can seek emancipation. You can also petition the court to have someone else named as your legal guardian. There are other possible steps as well but you need to have an attorney discuss your rights with you.
Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
Emancipation is not instant and you have to be able to support yourself.