Can I move out of state with my daughter if my girlfriend says no and there's no custody agreement? 1 Answers as of February 17, 2017

I would like to move home to another state with my family. I'm the stay at home parent, but my girlfriend said she'll call the police and say I'm kidnapping our daughter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
As long as you give her specific information on where you and the child would be living, there would be no justification for any criminal prosecution. However, to leave without parenting court orders would put you in a position of risk that the other parent would file and serve orders requiring the child's return to California. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: