Can I move out of the state with my child before it is final? 2 Answers as of August 08, 2011

I have filed for divorce in the state of Texas but would like to move to GA to start fresh with my son who is ten. My current husband did adopt my son in April 2010 but moved out in Jan 2011, may I able to get his rights terminated as well?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
Since your case is filed in Texas it is governed by Texas law. You therefore need to consult a Texas attorney. If you are not represented you really need to hire a lawyer - it is not a good thing to try to represent yourself in a divorce and custody case. As is evident from your question, you need to be represented by an attorney who can advise you on the law.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: