Can I move out of state with my child (6) if I have full physical and legal custody? Posted on July 11, 2011

My daughter is six, and my spouse and I would like to move from Indiana to California (better job opportunities, family there, plus we're gay and CA has better legal protections in place for our family). I have full physical and legal custody of my daughter, however, her father still has visitation (about 4 days/month). He is supposed to take her more than this, including 6 weeks in the summer (per Indiana child parenting guidelines) but he does not. He also only pays sporadic child support and is many thousands behind. Based on all this, would I be able to move out of state with my daughter and would I need his consent or a court's to do so?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: