Can I move out of county without the non-custodial parent's permission? 2 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I have 100% legal/physical custody of my daughter since my divorce in 2005. My ex husband is taking me to court to set a visitation schedule. He also is asking for me not to take our daughter to another county. I was waiting for this school year to end to move since my fiance works up there. Can I still move or do I have to wait until I go to court? Is there something I can do to expedite this court hearing so I can continue with our plans? I know he's doing this to lower his child support payment.

Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
If your ex has already filed then it would not benefit you to leave. Better to have an attorney help you on this one.
It depends upon the order, but I would suggest not moving until the court resolves this current issue, since you could be ordered to return the child to your current County of residence. If you are in my area and are looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.