Can I move my Prop 36 classes to a closer county? 5 Answers as of March 21, 2011

Can I move my Prop 36 classes to a closer county?

You need to get permission of the probation officer monitoring your case and if he or she does not have the authority, you need to go back to court and ask the judge. It normally is not a problem.
The answer is maybe. Ask the program and probation. Probation usually has pre-approved providers. Get a list of pre-approved providers in the county you would like to move the classes to. If probatioon refuses, set a court date to ask the judge. Show up with info about where you want to move the classes to and that you are ready.
You have to have court approval for any change in your probation or sentencing terms. Youll likely have to go to court to request that, and will need documentation to provide the court on the program you propose to move to. If you want to hire counsel to help you, feel free to contact me.
You need to get the probation department's approval.