Can I move my children back to Texas? 3 Answers as of June 09, 2011

I moved to Florida a year ago cause I was pregnant and decided to move in with my boyfriend then but now we are not together but I am still living with him cause he took me to court to make sure that I wouldn’t be able to move back to Texas with my daughter and I signed a contract saying that I was going to try and work it out with him for 6 months but I realized that this isnt gonna work and I want to move back to Texas cause my family is over their and I dont have anyone here in Florida and I dont have a job im a stay at home mom cause I take care of my 8 month old and my 5 year old and I cant go out of state without doing a appeal.

Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
If his paternity has been established, then you can only move the child that you have in common to Texas if you have either his consent or prior court approval. You would need to do a Notice of Intent to Relocate and file a Petition for court approval if he won't consent. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney, as the process can be very technical. My office offers free initial telephone consultations if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, as well as explore the potential rights and options available. If you would like to coordinate a free initial telephone consultation, please contact my office.
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law | Gregory T. Buckley
Any relocation with the minor children is governed by Florida Statutes Chapter 61.13001. To legally relocate with your children, you must comply with the provisions of it.