Can I move my child out of state if there is no custody agreement during a separation? Posted on June 27, 2011

I have been separated from my husband for over a year we are both currently romantically involved with other people. My boyfriend is taking a job in Washington state and I want to move to Washington to also be closer to my father and family. Can my husband stop us from doing this? There is no custody agreement for our son or child support agreement. Is there anything he can do legally to stop us from moving? If I move myself and my child to Washington before my divorce is there anything my husband can do to make us have to move back?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: